Dear Valued Patients,
Although we have decreased/changed our office hours, we are excited to announce we are still open for all services! It’s been an unprecedented year, and we thank you for your patience and continued support. For the most up to date office hours please contact our office directly.
We have taken protective measures as outlined by the American Optometric Association (AOA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) to ensure that our patients and staff remain healthy as we continue serving our community.
In addition, we will do the following:
- Online scheduling is now available. Please go to our website to schedule your next exam.
- We kindly ask all patients to complete all paperwork prior to arriving to your appointment.
- All patients entering the office will have temperatures taken and will be asked to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands with soap and water.
- We will reduce the number of patients in our office to allow adequate social distancing.
- We will have sneeze shields up throughout the office to limit exposure to our patients and staff.
- As mandated by the State of California, all staff and patients must wear a protective facemask in the office.
- We will keep the waiting room free from magazines and toys. Our staff will disinfect all patient areas thoroughly throughout the day with Pure & Clean disinfectant surface cleaner (an agent known to kill covid19).
- Every inch of the office has been deep cleaned and sanitized.
- We have added air purifiers to our exam room to offer filtered air breaking down bacteria & viruses at the molecular level.
- We will have special morning hours for our Senior Citizen and/or immunocompromised patients.
- To minimize the number of people in the office, we ask for patients to come to the appointment alone. Should you need special assistance (i.e. younger children and elderly adults), please contact our office so we can accommodate the situation.
- We ask all patients arrive to your appointment on time so we can limit the number of patients in the office. We will do our absolute best to see all our patients on time.
- All frames will be disinfected after being tried on by patients. Our opticians will continue to help style our frame while handling with extra safety precaution.
- Please inform us PRIOR to arrival if you or anyone in your household are experiencing of the following symptoms in the last 3 weeks. These include but are not limited to fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell and stomach upset. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
- If you have been to any facility or clinic and had any exposure to anyone that has or had covid symptoms, we NEED to know prior to your appointment.
- Your accurate and honest response is very important to maintain the health of other patients and our staff. Per California regulations set forth by the governor, withholding such information is detrimental to public health and safety measures.
Our highest priority is the safety or our patients. We appreciate you and the trust you have placed in our doctors and staff.
Please feel free to reach out to our team if you have any questions or concerns. We are always here to help.
Los Angeles Vision Center Dr.’s and Staff