Our doctors and staff at Los Angeles Vision Center Optometry have taken protective measures as outlined by the American Optometric Association (AOA), Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) to ensure that our patients and staff remain healthy as we continue serving our community.
Please see the following changes that we have implemented for your safety:
Prior to appointment:
- Please inform us PRIOR to arrival if you or anyone in your household are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms in the last 3 weeks. These include but are not limited to fever, cough, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell and stomach upset. We will be happy to reschedule your appointment.
- If you have tested positive for COVID-19, please bring a note from your Primary Care Physician stating you are cleared for an annual eye exam.
- To expedite your time in the office, we kindly ask all patients to complete all paperwork prior to arriving to your appointment. Forms are available online or can be mailed to you prior to your exam.
- All patients entering the office will have temperatures taken and will be asked to use hand sanitizer or wash your hands with soap and water.
- We will pre-clean and sanitize the frames prior to your visit. You can choose up to 6 styles and our opticians will help fit you with the best styles.
- All optical dispenses, adjustments and repairs will require an appointment time with our opticians.
- We will be reducing the number of patients in our office to allow adequate social distancing. It is important to keep your appointment. Missed or late appointments will be rescheduled no earlier than 3 weeks from the time of the original exam.
- We will have breath shields up throughout the office to limit potential viral spread.
- As mandated all staff and patients will be asked to wear a protective face mask in the office.
- We will have a virtual waiting room; you will text the office upon arrival and wait in your car. Our staff will disinfect all patient areas thoroughly throughout the day with disinfectant surface cleaner.
- We will have special morning hours for our Senior Citizen patients who need to be seen.
- We recommend that you avoid an appointment if you are a high-risk patient with a compromised immune system seeking only routine care.
- To minimize the number of people in the office, we ask, for patients to come to the appointment alone. Should you need assistance (i.e. younger children and elderly adults), please contact our office so we can accommodate the situation.
- We ask all patients arrive to their appointment on time so we can limit the number of patients in the office. We will do our absolute best to see all our patients on time.
- Drop-in optical repairs, adjustments and pick ups will need to be scheduled. Please call or text our office to make arrangements, including curbside pick-ups.
- Each room will be thoroughly sterilized, to help prevent potential patient cross-contaminations.
- All patients scheduling routine examinations at this time will be required to have a retinal imaging (additional co-pays may apply) as the primary method of the eye health evaluation.
Our highest priority is the safety or our patients. We appreciate you and the trust you have placed in our doctors and staff. Please note that these are the changes that we have instituted to help keep you safe. Your cooperation is vital in making sure that everyone is protected. Please note that although we are taking every precaution to ensure a safe environment, because of the nature of the Coronavirus, there is always a possibility of infection for those who seek care at our office.
Our office cannot be held liable in the event that you contract COVID-19. We ask patients to use common sense and determine the urgency of care that is needed. We all have loved ones that may be vulnerable. For the safety of all, we will turn away any patients refusing to comply with these changes. While we are in the business of service, at these crucial times, safety and health supersedes convenience.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate through these changes together.