Choose the Prescription Glasses that Fit Your Lifestyle at our Los Angeles Vision Center in Los Angeles, CA
Our Los Angeles Vision Center in Los Angeles, CA offers a wide selection of today's most popular styles, including many designer frames from today's top designers such as Hugo Boss, Tom Ford, Oliver Peoples, and more! Scroll down to see more of the top designers that we carry. Take a look at the suggestions below that outline many flattering frame types for each type of face shape! Let our optometrist know if you lead a lifestyle that requires durable and long-lasting frames that can stand up to your activities! If we don't have exactly what you are looking for, we can often order the frames for you.
A square face is often characterized by a strong jaw line, a broad forehead, and a wide chin and cheekbones. The width and length of the face are close to being equal. Frames should be selected to make the face look longer and to soften the square angles of the face. Choose frames that are slightly curved (like an oval shape) and that have more horizontal than vertical real estate.
The oval face is identifiable by its balanced proportions. The forehead is slightly wider than the chin and cheekbones are high. Frames should complement the natural proportions of the oval. Choose frames that are wide or wider than the broadest part of the face and that follow your brow line. Often, diamond or rectangular shapes work best for oval shapes.
Although fairly similar to an oval shape, an oblong face is longer than it is wide. The ideal frames will shorten the face by creating a break in the length of the face. Choose frames that have depth and a low bridge to shorten the nose. Try frames that are round, deep, have low-triangle shapes, or that have strong vertical lines.
A round or full face is characterized by having the same width and length. For round faces, frames that add length to the face often work best. Frames that lengthen the face are typically angular, narrow and are wider than they are deep. It is best to avoid round style frames as these will exaggerate the roundness and curves of the face.
A heart shaped face looks like a heart or a triangle with the point facing down. The forehead is very wide and cheekbones are high while the face narrows towards the chin. Counterbalance the narrow chin by choosing frames that are wider at the bottom. Generally, light colored and rimless frames work best, although aviator, butterfly and low-triangle styles also work well.
A base-down triangle face has a narrower forehead with full cheeks and a broad chin. To offset a broad chin, select frames that widen at the top. Great selections include frames that have heavy color accents and detail on the top part of the frames. Cat-eye shapes also work well to add width and emphasize the narrow upper part of the face.
A diamond shaped face is often characterized by high, dramatic cheekbones with a narrow eye line and jaw line. This shape is the rarest of all the shapes. Oval frames that are soft in style typically work best to highlight the eyes and cheekbones. Select frames that have detailing, distinctive brow lines, are rimless or a cat-eye shape for best results.
Your Los Angeles Optometrist Can Help Guide You to the Right Frames for Your Face Shape
If you are in the Larchmont or Westlake areas of Los Angeles, our Los Angeles optometrist can help you find the right frames! We offer a wide range of options that flatter every face shape:
- Heart if you have this shaped face, take a look at aviators and rimless frames in light colors. Optimize your face with shapes that counterbalance a narrow chin.
- Square is complemented with oval shapes that help to soften the face's appearance. Try on some oval frames that have more horizontal than vertical depth.
- Oval this face shape is best complemented with diamond and rectangular shapes that add some angularity to your face's appearance.
- Oblong if your face is longer than it is square, try to break up the length of the face with frames that have strong vertical lines, such as low triangular shapes.
- Round avoid round-shaped frames while opting for shapes that provide some sharp lines or oval frames that complement without adding to the roundness.
- Triangle (Base-Down) offset a broad chin with shapes that are wider at the top. Bold, bright colors are also a flattering choice.
- Diamond this face shape is a somewhat unique and is complemented by soft, oval shapes that highlight the eyes and cheekbones. Take a look at our cat eye or rimless.
Do You Want the Best Designer Frames for Your Prescription, Face Shape, and Lifestyle? Call Los Angeles Vision Center Today!
Call Los Angeles Vision Center today at (323) 934-2020 to set up an appointment for your eye exam with our Los Angeles optometrist. We have a wide range of eyeglasses and frames that you are sure to love! Our center is centrally located at 5856 Wilshire Boulevard to serve Larchmont, Westlake, and the surrounding areas. We look forward to seeing you soon!